WSC Football Team Dominates Minot State

Joe Dao, Sports Writer

With a fast paced and confident offense, the Wayne State College Football team defeated the Minot State University Beavers.  

Right off the bat, the Wildcats show off an offense we didn’t see last week against Northern State University with the first drive not having a single third down, “We did very good executing our assignments on offense, which was a result of a great week of practice,” sophomore wide receiver Shane Orr said.  

Wayne State started the first half with five touchdowns going up 35 points from Minot’s three points. Minot scored trying to come back, but the Wildcats responded with two of their own, ending the game 49-10. 

Starting quarterback, Nick Bohn, had a great game, recording 217 passing yards and 100 rushing yards, totaling three touchdowns as a sophomore.  

The Wildcats also had another standout player, Mason Lee, who recorded five receptions for 130 yards and a touchdown of his own 

“He really sparked our offense,” Orr said. “In my eyes, Mason Lee was the MVP. The team together had 320 passing yards, 255 rushing yards and seven touchdowns. With this much success, it only shows that the team has an unmatchable bond. Our chemistry is very special, and we are coached by the best staff in the conference. Orr said.  

Orr continues to talk about how their confidence was built off the great year they had last year which led to a great offseason and ultimately a great start to the season.  

The Wildcats are at home next week, playing against Concordia University, St. Paul, on Saturday, Sept. 24 at 6 p.m.