The Jonas Brothers are back

The+newly+rekindled+Jonas+Brothers+released+their+song%2C+%E2%80%9CSucker%2C%E2%80%9D+on+March+1.+Contrary+to+their+lives+in+2013%2C+two+of+the+brothers+are+now+married+and+one+is+engaged.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Jonas Brothers are back

The newly rekindled Jonas Brothers released their song, “Sucker,” on March 1. Contrary to their lives in 2013, two of the brothers are now married and one is engaged.

stylecaster.com

stylecaster.com

stylecaster.com

Kaitlynn Breeden, Reporter

The Jonas Brothers breaking up in 2013 was a heart-breaking tragedy for millions. Nick Jonas was the ultimate reason for the dismembering of the band, but he finally got his shit together. The brothers announced that the band is back together on Feb. 28. creating a life changing event in pop culture history.

Much like Jesse McCartney coming to campus next week, the band getting back together has affected many college aged people emotionally. Freshman Rylee Williams had a very emotional reaction to the bands reunion.

“I was in between mental breakdowns when I saw the James Corden video of them getting back together,” Williams said. “In the midst of me crying, I was so excited that I cried some more. I was overwhelmed at life, and this really put my mind at ease.”

The Jonas Brothers getting back together has also had fewer sensitive reactions.

“It has affected me by having great bops playing again by the boys and feeling happy,” freshman Mallori Hinkle said.

Despite not being together for six years, the Jonas Brothers were still relevant in some people’s lives.

“They were relevant to me before the announcement,” Williams said. “I listen to them at least once or twice a week, not gonna lie.”

After the split, the brothers began venturing their own solo careers as artists.

“I would still listen to them as solo artists or would take memory lane listening to the Jonas Brothers before they split,” Hinkle said.

When the band announced their reunion, they also released a new song called, “Sucker” and a music video along with it.

The song is about the women in their lives. The music video for the single features their significant others; Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Sophie Turner and Danielle Jonas.

“It’s growing on me, I didn’t like it at first but now that I hear it on the radio I’m sure I’ll end up loving it,” Williams said.

The track shows a different side of the band, in contrast to their past songs.

“I love their new song,” Hinkle said. “It may not be Disney anymore, but it shows their maturity.”

The band made a guest appearance on Carpool Karaoke, a segment on “The Late Late Show with James Corden.” After singing their song “Love Bug,” Nick said that he was “so excited to play” the song for a live audience again. Rumors have started that the band will be touring again soon.

About the Writer
Kaitlynn Breeden, Graphic Designer

Kaitlynn Breeden is from Fremont, Nebraska and graduated from Fremont High in 2018. She is a freshman and is majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications....