Polls

Best Overheard of the Week (01/19/2022)

• I'll be like my sister and catfish people on Farmersonly.com. She's a menace. (Upper Caf) (56%, 5 Votes)
  • It was like a wall of cheese smell. I couldn't even go in. (Humanities) (22%, 2 Votes)
  • Me being an introvert, I like to recharge my batteries. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)
  • Dude, you guys were all over each other and I wanted to gag. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...

Fifth-year senior to perform student recital

Wayne State College student Tresten Shwartz will perform on five different percussion instruments at his senior recital on Friday, April 12 in Ramsey Theatre. 

Schwartz, a fifth-year senior, is majoring in percussion performance. He will perform eight pieces on five different instruments including vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, timpani and mixed percussion. WSC collaborative pianist, Shelley Armstrong, will be joining Schwartz on piano for some of the pieces. The concert is free to the public.  

This won’t be Schwartz’s first recital. In Fall 2022, he performed his junior recital.  

“My mind is racing after realizing the recital is weeks away,” Shwartz said. “I’m a bit nervous, but I am equally, if not more excited to perform these pieces. It’s been so fun putting this together, and I can’t wait to share it with anyone who comes to watch!”