WSC Drama Club plans to scare again this Halloween

Alexander Retzlaff, Staff Writer

The Wayne State College Drama Club plans to terrify those who dare enter the Haunted Trail on Oct. 26, 27 and 31 at the Nature Trail.

The Haunted Trail, an annual Halloween event, seeks to provide an activity for students on Halloween night. Entry into the Haunted Trail costs $5 per individual, or $3 per person for a group of eight or more. Students then walk along the darkened trail, inhabited only by members of the WSC Drama Club who seek to scare the guests along the way.

Skylar Stefanski, the main coordinator for the Haunted Trail, is already exploring new ways to scare students.

“The main idea we’re doing for the Haunted Trail is a ‘found footage/murder mystery’ theme,” Stefanski said. “We’ll have actual found footage, like footage that we’ve done on the trail, which we’ll present to the people before they get scared.”

Stefanski, along with the rest of the Drama Club, believes the Haunted Trail will provide a unique atmosphere for students this Halloween.

“Hopefully, [the students] will think of something pretty scary,” Stefanski said. “If you’ve ever had the experience of walking in nature, like being around nature at night, and knowing what that sounds like, with all the different animals. I want them to picture the first part of the Nature Trail, which is this long pathway that’s really dark, surrounded by trees. That is something I always picture when I think of the Haunted Trail.”

Students, such as Travis Eller, also have a picture in their minds of how the trail will turn out.

“I’d say I’m fairly excited,” Eller said. “I’d say I’m about a six or seven on a one to scale. I think the location of [the Haunted Trail] out there on the Nature Trail interests me. It’s a pretty cool location. And also, events draw in people, so it would be nice to be around some people.”

In addition to the Haunted Trail, the Drama Club also plans to host Drama Day, a workshop day for high school students. No date has been chosen yet.