Polls

Best Overheard of the Week (01/19/2022)

• I'll be like my sister and catfish people on Farmersonly.com. She's a menace. (Upper Caf) (56%, 5 Votes)
  • It was like a wall of cheese smell. I couldn't even go in. (Humanities) (22%, 2 Votes)
  • Me being an introvert, I like to recharge my batteries. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)
  • Dude, you guys were all over each other and I wanted to gag. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...

Fitness classes teach students new workouts

Free fitness classes led by Angela Nuss, a fitness teacher with eight years of experience at Wayne State, are available for signup on the IMleagues app.  

Nuss has been teaching these classes for about eight years now.  

“I came to Wayne as a grad assistant, and I just had motivation to help others,” Nuss said, “I talked to Mike Berry and he said that I could start leading these classes. We’ve grown a good relationship since then.” 

Nuss also takes time to be social with her students throughout the classes.  

“I love interacting with the students and making them work, feel the pain.” Nuss said. 

A variety of classes are taught including three spin classes, a yoga class, a buns and bellies class and a general strength class.  

“I wanted to workout but struggle doing it on my own,” WSC student Mikayla Yeo said.  

Another student, Taylor Morse, said she used to do Pilates back in her hometown but wanted to try different kinds to see if they were more fun. 

Every student asked about the workout classes said they enjoyed the class.  

“The instructor is phenomenal,” Morse said “I loved this class. I will be back for sure.” 

These classes take place throughout the week and are between 4:15 and 7:15 depending on the class. The classes each last 30 minutes. 

This week, there are classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Next week, there are classes Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 

Free fitness classes on campus are open for signup on the IMleagues app which is the same app used to sign up for intramural sports, intramural short term tournaments and the new Wayne State bracket challenge. The classes often fill up, so if you are looking to sign up, do so early.  

Donate to The Wayne Stater
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayne State College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.