Polls

Best Overheard of the Week (01/19/2022)

• I'll be like my sister and catfish people on Farmersonly.com. She's a menace. (Upper Caf) (56%, 5 Votes)
  • It was like a wall of cheese smell. I couldn't even go in. (Humanities) (22%, 2 Votes)
  • Me being an introvert, I like to recharge my batteries. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)
  • Dude, you guys were all over each other and I wanted to gag. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...

Art On Display

The Wayne State College Art Department will host, “Box of Trinkets,” a senior art exhibit, by WSC seniors, Adam Boggs, Betsy Eckstrom, Lakia Eilts and Hallie Jensen in Conn Library’s Nordstrand Visual Arts Gallery, starting on Nov. 29 at 4:30.  

The exhibit is free and open to all interested students, faculty and the public. Art History professor Andy Haslit said, the exhibit will display 30 to 40 pieces of original artwork by the four hardworking art education students.  

“There’s paintings, there’s prints, there’s sculptures and there’s ceramic work. It pretty much runs the gambit of everything they have taken in their career,” Haslit said.  

Each of the four artists play a significant role in how the exhibit works, alongside the senior exhibit professor. 

“It changes from show to show. You don’t want something to look too crowded or want something to look too sparce,” Haslit said. “If we’re talking about drawings, something that is three inches square, you might be able to fit 10 on a wall. One thing that is very big, you might be able to fit only one of it on the wall.” 

With each piece being vastly different, some creations might have similarities when it comes to art history,” Haslit said. “Every art student has to take a total of four art history classes and you do see a lot of those historical ideas, themes and references in their work.” 

The art that the students create gives them a chance to express their thoughts in pictures. With every work that the students create, a different story is being told. The senior art exhibit gives the students a chance to tell their stories and let other students see their works.  

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Wayne Stater
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayne State College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.