WSC’s drama club continues haunted trail

Wayne State College’s Drama Club will host its annual Haunted Trail from October 27 to October 29.  

“The Haunted Trail, since Covid, has been an event that the Drama Club puts on for the students of Wayne State College to come and have a fun time and get scared,” Ashly Gunderson, Vice President of the Wayne State Drama Club, said. “It’s like a haunted house, but it’s out on a nature trail.” 

According to Gunderson, the drama club has around 95 people working on the event.  

The Haunted Trail will be open from 8 to 10 p.m. The trail begins and ends near the McKorkindale County Schoolhouse, located on East 14th Street.  

The event costs $5 per person. However, for those who plan on bringing a group of six or more, they can expect to pay $3 per person.  

What makes this Haunted Trail different from the previous ones is that there will be a theme for the first time in its three years. 

“All scare actors are dressed up according to the theme, Creepy Cryptids,” Gunderson said. “Cryptids are basically American folklore. Anything you can think of, like Bigfoot, werewolves and vampires.” 

The event is open to both the students at Wayne State and the public. However, if you are planning on bringing young children, it is advised that you use your best judgement regarding what is age appropriate for them. 

Gunderson, along with the rest of the drama club, is encouraging people both on and off WSC’s campus to come to the event in the spirit of Halloween. 

“It’s a super fun time and you’re getting scared,” Gunderson said. “We’ve been working really hard on it this year and it’s going to be a fantastic experience for everyone who comes.” 

$100
$500