Educators Rising

Educators Rising understands the importance of generating new educators and works to create many avenues and school districts where students can prepare for their teaching careers. 

Based out of Virginia, the institution is partnered with 46 states according to its official website.  

“Educators Rising is a community-based movement, in which chapters at schools feed teacher preparation programs at institutes of higher education with the support of State Departments of Education and local funders and foundations,” according to the Educators Rising website.  “These entities come together to provide a clear pathway to increase teacher diversity and teacher quality.” The goal of Educators Rising is to help its partners by creating as many opportunities as possible for future educators.  

To join, one must be in middle school, high school or college. The website explains the steps to sign up. At the collegiate level, “student membership is available if you are enrolled in a postsecondary program that is preparatory for employment in a position that will make you eligible for Active (teacher) membership in the National Education Association,” according to the website.  

When accepted, members receive access to many opportunities. According to the website, Educators Rising hosts a national conference each year for students and teachers to connect. It also gives students a chance to develop their teaching skills. Members can be awarded scholarships and partnership/sponsorship opportunities. Along with these benefits, future educators get full access to curated teaching courses.  

“The Educators Rising Curriculum emphasizes fundamental teaching practices that are critical for high school students to develop and take their first steps on the path to becoming accomplished professionals,” according to the website.  

Educators Rising also emphasizes the importance of teacher diversity.  

“51% of Educators Rising students are students of color,” according to the website. Through their pathways they wish to change the face of teaching by working with students who represent the demographics present in their areas, according to the institution’s mission statement.  

Educators Rising would not be possible without its partners and sponsors. Some listed on the website include Phi Delta Kappa International, PDK Educational Foundation and the National Education Foundation.  

The organization will continue its work to generate more educators and change the face of teaching as the institution’s vision is to create “a clear pathway in every school district in America for young people who want to serve their communities as highly skilled educators.” 

$100
$500