Taylor Swift Movie

I’m one of the many people that sat in a queue on the AMC Theatres website for almost an hour waiting to get tickets to Taylor Swift’s concert movie coming out in October.  

Fortunately, I was able to get two tickets in the direct center of the theater in my hometown. It did cost me a pretty penny though, as each ticket was $19.89. This is interesting for my fellow Taylor Swift fans, or Swifties, because “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” is coming out soon after. As a broke college student, that is not necessarily in my budget, although it is way closer to my budget than the actual “Eras Tour” concert tickets, with resale prices soaring into the thousands.  

Swift announced this documentary in an Instagram post. “Starting Oct. 13, you’ll be able to experience the concert film in theaters in North America,” Swift said. I saw that post at about 9 a.m., and immediately made my way to the AMC Theaters website and got in the queue. 

The film will be 2 hours and 40 minutes long, slightly shorter than the 3-hour set for her concerts. She filmed this during her shows in Los Angeles, at the end of the first North America leg of The Eras Tour.  

Swift usually performs a couple surprise songs that are not on the initial set list during each of her shows. With this information I know that at least one of the surprise songs will be a vault track from the release of “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” my personal favorite song being “When Emma Falls in Love,” which was played at an earlier show in the tour, and Swift only repeats surprise songs if she messes them up. My second favorite vault track is “I Can See You” which is on the list of surprise songs she played in L.A., meaning it could be played in the movie.  

According to an AP News article published on Aug. 31, “AMC said [that] in anticipation of the announcement, it upgraded its website to handle more than five times the largest ticket buying rush it’s experienced before.” And people still had to wait in long queues to buy the tickets.  

I am personally very excited about seeing this film, as it is the only way I am going to be able to experience the Eras tour. Aubrey Gelderman, my cousin, went to the Kansas City show the day “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” was released. She described her experience as “one hundred out of ten, one of the best nights of my life.” And I completely believe her. I wish I was able to experience the show in person but instead I am bringing my boyfriend with me to sing our hearts out in the movie theaters.  

This show is truly going to be for the people that were not able to make it to the actual live concerts but still want to experience the shows. As Swift put it in her Instagram post announcing the film, “Eras attire, friendship bracelets, singing and dancing encouraged. 1, 2, 3 LGB!!!!.” meaning that the theater experience will hopefully be just like the concerts. 

$100
$500