A friendly face

Liz Moeller, Staff Writer

Amy Albrecht is one of the first friendly faces students see once they enter Admissions in the Hahn building. She is the guide to helping students achieve scholarships, assist in class registrations and even when they first apply to Wayne State College.

“I am an office assistant, and I usually do transcriptions and applications for new students,” Albrecht said. These are key for new students to get their foot in the door at WSC, and all have to be read through carefully to ensure there are no errors.

She is almost always on campus, working Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Which is arguably longer than most teachers that work on campus.

“Every day is a little bit different. One thing I do is assist with international students, and it’s interesting working with students from different countries.”

Most of the time, though, it doesn’t seem to become too unusual when she works behind the desks.

“I do enjoy my job. It keeps you on your toes,” Albrecht said.

No two days are ever the same as all students their own needs to be addressed in a timely fashion. Albrecht does have a tip on those who come to her for help with admissions.

“Make sure you try to get everything in on time. The more time you have, the less stressful it can be.”

Students should ensure that they are doing their best to make both Albrecht’s and their own life easier. Keep an eye on that due date and Albrecht will be more than happy to help any student’s college career.