And the winner is…

Homecoming king and queen crowned on Monday

Photo By Emma Krause

SARAH WARGA AND MATTHEW HENERY were voted Homecoming queen and king last Monday in Ramsey Auditorium out of 10 other candidates.

Jordyn Bottrell, Staff Writer

12 of Wayne State’s best, brightest and most well-known students stood on-stage in Ramsey Auditorium in front of their peers and parents Monday night to find out which two of them were to win Homecoming King and Queen.

Sarah Warga and Matthew Henery left the stage victorious, with crowns atop their heads.

Warga, a junior from Plattsmouth, Neb, said that she felt “extremely honored and blessed to be chosen as the 2015 WSC Homecoming queen.”

It’s not hard to believe that Warga is well-known on campus. She is also the president of Theta Phi Alpha, active in Greek council, rugby and is a health science major, with a minor in Spanish. The science major came out in her when she was asked who she would be if she could be any fac­ulty member for one day. “Dr. Peitz, my organic chemistry teacher!” she exclaimed.

“I’m mostly excited to participate in all of the Homecoming actives with the rest of the court” Warga said. When asked what she would miss most about WSC when she graduates, she said “and I like how it feels like home.”

Henery, from Battle Creek, Neb., said “I’m ex­tremely honored to be Homecoming king, they were all amazing candidates who deserve it more than me. I love being able to represent WSC.”

Henery keeps himself busy on campus, major­ing in business/marketing and management, being a residence assistant, navigator and participating in many other clubs.

What Henery is looking forward to the most for the Homecoming week is “being around the rest of the court, they’re all great friends.”

If Henery could be any WSC faculty member, he would be the president of the college.

“I would have free ice cream days,” he said. “I would also probably randomly cancel class some­times.”

Both candidates noted that the friendly atmo­sphere and students of Wayne State are what drew them to the college.