Art professor to present in first colloquium of the year

Photo Courtesy Angela Steffen

Marlene Mueller’s colloquium presentation discusses Chinese pottery and its importance through her perspective. Mueller will present Wednesday, Sept. 23.

Wayne State College professor Marlene Mueller will present her “Looking Through a Lens: China Framed from a Faculty Perspective,” next Wednesday, Sept. 23.

Mueller’s presentation will mark the first faculty colloquium of the year hosted by WSC’s School of Arts and Humanities. The presentation will take place in the Humanities room 319, at 3:30 p.m. with a question and answer session to follow. All WSC faculty and students are welcome to attend.

The Colloquia Series was founded in the spring 2015 to give Arts and Humanities faculty the opportunity to present their original research to faculty and students in monthly sessions. Previous presenters have included Dr. Lori Newcomb, Dr. Catherine Rudin, Dr. Stephanie Marcellus and Michael Grove.

Future presentations this semester will feature Dr. Rodney Cupp, Chris Holton, Kelly Weber, and former presenters Ronnow and Newcomb.

For more information about the Colloquia Series and presentations, contact Kelly Weber at [email protected], or call (402) 375-7409.