WSC to host family day

Arts, crafts, planetarium shows, and more set to entertain families

Wayne State College will host its annual Family Day this Saturday, Sept. 19.

The Student Activities Board and the Student Life office will sponsor the day-long activities beginning in the Kanter Student Center Atrium at 10 a.m.

From there, families may pick up a campus map and information about the day’s activities.

Some Family Day activities in­clude the balloon brigade and arts crafts in the Kanter Student Center atrium as well as an open house will be hosted in the academic buildings and residence halls from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All academic buildings and residence halls will be open for visitation.

Residence Life invites younger siblings to spend the night or the weekend on campus with their older brother or sister.

Planetarium shows will be in­cluded with free tickets at the Kanter Student Center.

Wayne State College students and their younger siblings will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of age-appropriate activities through­out the weekend including the WSC recreation facilities, games and crafts.

Saturday night, WSC football players will challenge Northern State on the field at 6 p.m. where marching band, flag corps and yell squad members will also perform. Inflatables will be set up at Memo­rial Stadium in the north end zone.

For more information and a com­plete list of events, please call 402-375-7213 or check the WSC Website at: https://www.wsc.edu/events/event/212/familyday.