The search is on

WSC narrows search for replacement of VPAF Jean Dale

Hanna Conrad, Staff Writer

Hoping to take on the position of Vice President for Administration and Finance at Wayne State College, three candidates will be interviewing on campus over the next two weeks.

Brenda Gillogly, Lee Ann DeRita and Dr. David Heflin are the finalists vying for Vice President of Administration and Finance Jean Dale’s position.

Gillogly had an open session interview on Monday and Tuesday for the Campus and Wayne Community in Gardner Auditorium.

Currently, Gillogly is the Vice President of Administration at Black River Technical College in Pocahontas, Ark. Gillogly also has experience in administration and finance at Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas and Rich Mountain Community College, along with others. Her goal is to work at a four-year college.

Gillogly chose to apply at WSC because it is closer to her daughter and her family, who reside in Kansas, and because she gets to do what she is passionate about here.

“I’m not going to make changes, unless I have to,” Gillogly said when asked how she will respond to challenges within the position.

“I want to communicate one-on-one with direct staff to come up to speed with how things work.”

She hopes to maintain a budget that funds programs that are vital to the students, the campus and the community.

Gillogly has a master’s degree in business administration from Baker University and a bachelor of science degree in accounting and business from the University of Kansas.

Also open to the public, DeRita’s interview sessions are on Jan. 30 at 1 p.m. in Gardner Auditorium and the 31 at 10:30 a.m. in the Bluestem Room of the Student Center. Heflin will be interviewing on Feb. 3 at 1 p.m. in Gardner Auditorium and the 4 at 10:30 a.m. in the Bluestem Room.

Attendants of the interviews are given a chance to leave their comments and impressions of the candidates on a form given at the beginning of the session.