Valentine’s Day Events in Wayne

SAB and other WSC clubs are hosting Valentine’s Day Events all through February until Feb. 14 all over campus. 

Lots of events are happening all over Wayne State and the city of Wayne. SAB kicked off the Valentine’s season by hosting a Palentine’s event, hosted Jan. 31st in the Frey Suite of the Kanter Student Center. Senior Emily Miller, executive director of SAB, said “we had strawberry milkshakes, build your own sweet treat kabob, a candy salad station, postcards to write to your loved ones and SAB is going to send them; we also had a caricature artist that people also loved.” 

If anyone missed this, then there are other clubs hosting events. The Residence Hall Association, a club dedicated to making living on campus a fun and enjoyable experience for students who stay on campus, is hosting a Valentine’s Dance Feb. 13 from 7-10 p.m. in the Terrace Hall basement. The RHA gets it catered in. There is no dress code for this event. Junior Cat Siravo, secretary of the RHA, said they have people show up in sweatpants. If people want to dress up, go for it. 

The RHA will also have a Valengrams table, held in the Student Center from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 9-13. This table gives students an opportunity to write a little note or Valentine to other students living on campus. Siravo said they’ll attach heart suckers to these notes and deliver them to the respective people in their respective residence halls. 

SkillsUSA is holding Valentine’s Day sales Feb. 14 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Student Center. They will have raffle tickets for a teddy bear that are one for $1 or six for $5, roses for $10, carnations are one for $3 of four for $10, and Valentine’s cards for $1. All of this is to raise money for their State and National Competitions. 

Check out allevents.in/wayne-ne/valentines-day for different events happening in Wayne. The public library will be hosting some events during the month. There will also be a Galentine’s event at the IKT Boutique in Wayne Feb. 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is an event for the ladies to celebrate friendship.   

$100
$500