Polls

Best Overheard of the Week (01/19/2022)

• I'll be like my sister and catfish people on Farmersonly.com. She's a menace. (Upper Caf) (56%, 5 Votes)
  • It was like a wall of cheese smell. I couldn't even go in. (Humanities) (22%, 2 Votes)
  • Me being an introvert, I like to recharge my batteries. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)
  • Dude, you guys were all over each other and I wanted to gag. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...

Thrift Warehouse offers Wayne a unique shopping experience

Thrift Warehouse is a consignment and thrift store where you can buy and sell high quality, gently used clothing in Wayne.  

Located at 121 Main St, Thrift Warehouse has items old, new, and everything in between.  

“We look for gently used adult clothing, but name brand items sell better,” Tanner Schopke, the owner, said. “The employees look to see if the clothes are clean and snag free. Then the clothes Thrift Warehouse cannot accept are taken to haven house and are donated.”  

The store also collects and sells household items and orders new stuff to keep a variety at the store.  

Every month, there are color tags placed on items to indicate they are half off. It is known as “dollar day”. Schopke said people line up outside like it’s Black Friday for this special deal. Jordan McCormick, a student at Wayne State College, said she has shopped on dollar day and loves the thrill of looking and finding cool stuff that is new to her but has been gently used in another life.  

Thrift Warehouse looks for clothes that are particular to whatever season it is. In December and January, the need for warm winter clothing is a lot more sought out after. McCormick said she tries to go to the thrift store at least once a month to check out the new stuff and see if there are clothes for another season. February 2 is the first day you can drop off spring and summer consignments.  

“I donate clothes all the time,” McCormick said. “It’s a nice way to clean out my closet, so I’ll be doing that in February.”  

McCormick said every town should have somewhere that sells gently used name brand clothing without the ridiculous price. Thrift Warehouse is an activity for people to do in the town.  

“It’s a really fun activity for me to do in Wayne” McCormick said.  

“People come in daily to check out our stuff, some even from the Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska area” Schopke said. “Thrifting is a popular activity that people participate in all over.” 

Donate to The Wayne Stater
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayne State College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.