Polls

Best Overheard of the Week (01/19/2022)

• I'll be like my sister and catfish people on Farmersonly.com. She's a menace. (Upper Caf) (56%, 5 Votes)
  • It was like a wall of cheese smell. I couldn't even go in. (Humanities) (22%, 2 Votes)
  • Me being an introvert, I like to recharge my batteries. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)
  • Dude, you guys were all over each other and I wanted to gag. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...

WSC Student Surveys

Wayne State College has sent out several surveys to students at the college 

“All different departments have different needs for surveys, so we just sent out the Healthy Minds Survey, and that is really assessing menta, health and suicide risk on campus,” Ashley McIntosh said.  

This is one of many surveys that are sent out for WSC students to take. Many different departments have several surveys sent out to help students get what they need from the specific assistance offices set up at school. 

“I am going to send out this Nebraska Assessment of College Behaviors in the Spring,” McIntosh said. “We send this survey out every two years and that really focuses on alcohol, marijuana, and other drug use as well as at risk behaviors for college students. That helps us determine what kind of alcohol programming or drug programming we do on campus.”  

This survey helps the college understand the use of alcohol and drugs and assists when determining what programs will prevent the excessive use of substances among WSC students. 

“There are some that we send out just to first time freshmen, like the National Survey of Student Engagement, and that is looking at how students are engaged,” McIntosh said. “Every year we do a graduate survey for students that are graduating to look at if they have a job lined up in their career or are they moving on to a graduate program.”  

Wayne State will also be sending out a Campus Climate survey in the spring.  

“This is really going to focus on the climate around the campus and whether people feel like they belong or feel safe,” McIntosh said. “It really looks at some Title IX issues, basic safety and access.” Every survey will include contact information for anyone who has questions.  

These surveys are sent out to WSC students whose answers give the college a better understanding of how students are doing and how to help better the experience for the students attending college. 

Donate to The Wayne Stater
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayne State College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.