Preview against Cookston and Bemidji

The Wayne State College Wildcats go on the road upcoming this weekend to face Minnesota Crookston, who are 14th in the conference, on Friday, Nov. 3, and Bemidji State, who is 11th in the conference on Saturday, Nov. 4.  

The Wildcats won both games past weekend coming out with two wins and both games only going to three sets. 

The Wildcats are going into their last games of the season, still the top team in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. They push each other every day to be better and work as a team to achieve these goals they have for themselves. 

“Our team chemistry is more like family more than anything” freshman outside hitter Grace Baumert said. 

Playing with a team is important, and the team must work for each other to be the best it can be. Playing for one another and working with one another is the best way to win games and work up in the standings. 

“Working to be better than yourself for others around you,” Baumert said. 

Baumert said away games are harder to play than home games but if the team just puts its minds towards the game and not the people watching, then the team will accomplish more.  

Preparing for matches is an especially important part of winning a game. Knowing how the other team plays and their best players on their team is essential. 

Being number one in the conference towards the end of the season is an accomplishment. However, a team still must go into the game thinking that anything can happen. 

The Wildcats have had a 16-winning streak against Minnesota Crookston in the past years and they have an 11-winning streak against Bemidji State in the past years as well.  

Baumert said when things get hard, the Wildcats keep their head up and still be the best they can be for themselves and for their team all together. 

The Wildcats will be playing Minnesota Crookston on Friday the 3rd in Crookston, Minn. and then playing Bemidji State in Bemidji, Minn. Their very last game of the season before the conference tournament will be held against St. Cloud State on Nov. 11 at Rice Auditorium.  

$100
$500