Polls

Best Overheard of the Week (01/19/2022)

• I'll be like my sister and catfish people on Farmersonly.com. She's a menace. (Upper Caf) (56%, 5 Votes)
  • It was like a wall of cheese smell. I couldn't even go in. (Humanities) (22%, 2 Votes)
  • Me being an introvert, I like to recharge my batteries. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)
  • Dude, you guys were all over each other and I wanted to gag. (Lower Caf) (11%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...

SAB Events

Hosting an event almost every week, “the Student Activity Board is the biggest and main source of entertainment” according to Jesselyn Peterson Campus Relation Director, who has been in SAB for over a year.   

According to Ivy Bogle, Student Activities Coordinator, “SAB is a source of events for students by fellow peers striving to do things that will allow students who go to Wayne State to feel represented.”  

Zaynab Koutali, Novelty Coordinator for SAB, states that “SAB is all about human connection. I’ve made so many friends through SAB, even when I was not a board member. It’s also a great way to make connections off campus as well.”  

As the main source of entertainment at WSC, putting an idea into motion is relatively easy. Peterson said “a lot of clubs don’t know this, but we do collaborations with other clubs when they approach us. One of my main jobs is to coordinate events with other clubs as well as events involving the community, for example, working directly with Haven house,” Bogle said. “We encourage students who aren’t a part of SAB to let us know what they want to see as the students are the audience here.”    

Below are events happening in the months of September and October. 

September 20 Plant Fest- Students will be able to get plants, decorate pots, receive mini figures they can place in their plants and learn how to make macramé. At the end, a trivia session will be held to win bigger plants. 

October 2 Campus Feud- Concept of family feud, just campus wide. Invite your friends and compete to win cash prizes. In collaboration with spirits and traditions for Homecoming week.  

October 9 Cookie Decorating- Come relax listen to music and decorate some cookies. 

October 11 National Coming out day- Guest speaker will come to have some educational conversations and tell his story. 

October 18 International Pronouns Day- Tabling event where one can get pins displaying their preferred pronouns. Followed by a movie in the evening. 

October 28 Fall trip- Off Campus trip where students can sign up and travel to Yankton SD to enjoy the pumpkin patch Amazing Acers.  

Any ideas and feedback are welcomed by SAB. They can be submitted via Campus Groups on MYWSC which can also be used to alert students when an SAB event is going to happen.  

Donate to The Wayne Stater
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayne State College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.