WSC Football Team Travels to Minot North Dakota

John Campbell, Sports Writer

The Wildcat football team heads into week three of their season, traveling to Minot North Dakota to face the Minot State Beavers. In the first two weeks of the season, the Wildcats scored a combined 46 points for two wins against the University of Mary Marauders and the Northern State Wolves. The Marauders, Wildcats, and Wolves were preseason ranked 7-8-9, putting Wayne State in a good position to open the season. Minot State had a preseason ranking of seven in the NSIC North Division and ranked 12 overall. 

The matchup last year ended in a 48-0 win for the Wildcats. However, the team is still focused on being the best they can be, “Practice doesn’t change too much we keep the same competitive edge every day whether we are on the field or in the weight room and that’s why I think we are off to a nice start,” said the sophomore receiver Jadon Johnson. Johnson to start the year with 145 yards on five receptions for two touchdowns. A key player in the Wildcat offense doesn’t think about one game too much and but instead focuses on the victory, “I try to treat every game, the same no game is bigger than the other. Control the controllable and try to execute my job the best way possible. My first and foremost is to win and be a help to my team in any way needed,” said Johnson.  

The Wildcats travel nine hours to Minot North Dakota on Saturday Sept. 11th at 1:00PM to play at Herb Parker Stadium. The game can be watched on the NSIC Network for free.