Greek Organizations on WSC campus

Anthony Munderloh, Staff Writer

Wayne State College have many Greek organizations you can be a part of, as of now there are five Greek organizations they are: GAMMA, Greek Council, Tau Kappa Epsilon, Theta Phi Alpha, and Zeta Tau Omega.  

WSC has only one fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE). TKE is the WSC oldest fraternity and TKE part of the largest fraternity in the world there is no pledging and hazing is forbidden at TKE because they would rather provide leadership skills and help out the community.  

There are also two sororities at WSC, Theta Phi Alpha, and Zeta Tau Omega. Theta Phi Alpha is a national sorority and was founded in 1985. Theta Phi Alpha wants to promote the highest moral standards, leadership training and make lifelong friends that can benefit you in your life and career. Zeta Tau Omega was founded in 1999 and is aiming to bring lifelong friends and sisterhood and help strengthen your character.  

The WSC Greek organizations also have a interesting past.  

Marcus Shlichter, a librarian and archivist for WSC said that in 1967 the Student Senate authorized the creation of social sororities and fraternities on the campus. The first three sororities were Kappa Delta Gamma, Phi Mu and Pi Alpha Lambda. The first four fraternities were: Beta Sigma Psi, Phi Sigma Epsilon, Sigma Tau Gamma and Tau Kappa Epsilon. As of today, only Tau Kappa Epsilon is still around. Since 1967 there have been many Greek organizations come and gone mainly because the leaders of the sororities and fraternities graduate and nobody takes their spot.