SAB Valentine’s Recovery Night

Jadyn Burenheide, News Writer

Wayne State College’s Student Activities Board hosted a Valentine’s Recovery Night for students on Feb. 17 from 68 p.m. in the Niobrara Room in the Kanter Student Center.  

The activities included the showing of the movie “Isn’t It Romantic,” starring Rebel Wilson and Liam Hemsworth, and the opportunity to play a variety of board games, including Scrabble, Jenga, Family Feud, Trouble and cards, which were provided by SAB. Popcorn and drinks were also provided by SAB.  

Brittany Ellison, the event organizer, said she wanted to provide an opportunity for students to relax and take their minds off things during the event.  

“I wanted people to get the opportunity to take their mind off everything,” Ellison said. It’s the end of the week and the time when homework starts piling up. People could come in, watch a funny movie that isn’t your typical romantic comedy, play board games, and just relax and take a brain break. 

Maria Raymundo, a WSC student who attended the event, said she thought watching the movie was the best part of the event. She wanted to come enjoy a movie she had already seen, but with other students.  

“I wanted to come because I have seen the movie before, and I wanted to come to see it with people,” Raymundo said. I want to get out to more events and don’t want to be cooped up in my room all of the time.” 

Ellison said she hopes to host an event like this again next year but add in a few changes. 

“Originally, I was going to do a Valentine survival night, but the timing didn’t work, so I switch it up for a Valentine Recovery Night,” Ellison said. “If I am in the position to do so next year, I would like to try a Valentine Survival Night.”