Women’s soccer summary against Concordia-St.Paul

Luke Stara, News Writer

Critical finishing from Concordia-St. Paul and a slow start from Wayne State led to the Wildcats continuing their losing streak and winless start to the season in a 1-0 loss on Sunday September 19.

The Wildcats struggled to find any answers as the Golden Bears led all stat categories as it was a worry-free day for the Golden Bears. The Golden Bears got on the scoreboard in the first seven minutes of the match after sophomore forward Katie Anderson scored off an assist from sophomore midfielder Nikki Anderson.

Wayne State had opportunities in the first half registering seven shots versus the Golden Bears four. The Wildcats tested the Golden Bears defense in the first half, but once the second half started, the Wildcats offensive fire power fell off and they only had one shot in the second half.

The Golden Bears recorded five shots in the second half compared to the Wildcats one and looked more likely to add to their lead than give up a goal.

Sophomore goalkeeper Katherine Hageman, despite letting an early goal in, registered four saves and prevented this game from getting away from the Wildcats.

The Wildcats will be at home their next two games against Northern State on Friday at 3 p.m. and MSU Moorhead on Sunday at 1 p.m. before going on a road trip.