WSC Women’s soccer lose to Northwest Oklahoma State

Luke Stara, News Writer

Flury of second half goals spelt doom for the Wayne State College women’s soccer team as Northwest Oklahoma State beat the Wildcats 4-1 on Sunday, September 12.
The Wildcats were able to get a goal at 43:06 scored by senior midfielder Megan Philips, making it 1-0 in favor of the Wildcats.
The Rangers responded at 64:50, Ranger’s freshman forward Isabella Mcmillian put the ball into the back of the net, assisted by junior midfielder Cynthia Armas, to tie the game at 1-1. After this, the Rangers took control of the game after two goals in 90 seconds, the first scored by sophmore Callie Haneborg in the 78th minute and the second scored by freshman Tiara Campbell in the 79th minute, assisted by sophomore midfielder Lily Anderson. To finish the scoring for the Rangers, Tiara Campbell scored her second goal of the game, assisted by sophomore defender Isabella Mcmillan in the 83rd minute to finish off the Wildcats.
The Wildcats won seven corners in the first half compared to the Rangers one but were unable to turn those corners into goals.
The Rangers converted nine shots, with eight in the second half, and converted four into goals.
The Wildcats look to get their first win of their season against Minnesota State on Friday September 17 at 3 p.m. in their NSIC opener.