Spring 2021 graduation applications due soon

Alex Retzlaff, Associate Editor

Wayne State students graduating in Spring 2021 will be able to fill out the graduation application as soon as Oct. 1. The application is due on Nov. 15.

All WSC students must fill out graduation applications one semester before they are expected to complete their degree. In addition, graduating students must also sign up for and complete the portfolio seminar class.

Any undergraduate and graduate students from Spring 2020 will be offered the chance to participate in graduation ceremonies for Fall 2020 or Spring 2021.

“I would say [I feel] a little bit nervous, and also a little bit joyful and proud,” Aarron Wilson, a Spring 2020 graduate, said. “I would say [I miss] the close relationships I had. The whole Christian community was really strong down there.”

Chet Maendele, an expected graduate of Spring 2021, is majoring in exercise science with a minor in nutrition. He said he hopes to use what he learned at WSC to help others in need.

“I’d say I’m pretty excited for [graduation], just to like, see what’s next in life and where God is going to put me,” Maendele said. “I’ve definitely gotten to grow close with a lot of people through Cru, and I’m definitely going to miss hanging out with all my friends.”

Students who need to complete the application can log on to WildcatsOnline. The undergraduate application link only appears to students who have completed more than 80 credit hours at Wayne State. The graduate application link appears to students who have nine credit hours or less to complete their degree.

Students who have questions or believe they are eligible for graduation may contact the Records and Registration office in Hahn Administration, room 116. The Records and Registration office is also available by phone at 402-375-7239, or by email at [email protected].