New coffee shop opens doors

Linnea Vogel, Staff Writer

A new coffee shop, The Table hosted their grand opening on Main Street of Wayne, Nebraska on Friday, August 23.

The Table is owned and operated by Christian Student Fellowship, a midwestern campus ministry organization. The Table is a non-profit organization that helps fund CSF projects around the Midwest. CSF has buildings around the Midwest that support their ministries. “Life happens around the table” is a phrase often used at CSF and is the inspiration for the coffee shop’s name. Said statement is posted at The Table.

The Director of CSF, Justin Raulston, stated he wanted one of the future coffee shops in Wayne to help build the community. After a meeting with a friend, the idea of The Table became a reality.

“We want to be a place where people can hang out, sit, study or visit,” Raulston said.

The chalkboard menu at The Table has all the typical coffee drinks, along with a few of their own specialty drinks. Their most unique drink is called a supercharged soda, a double shot of espresso, heavy cream and soda. Their drinks also have unique names, like the “Main Street Mocha” and the “CSF.” For non-coffee drinkers, The Table has multiple tea and smoothie options. The Table also serves breakfast pastries made in house each morning, and they have sandwiches made with homemade bread and fresh salads on their lunch menu.

The hours at The Table run from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every Monday through Friday. Saturday hours run from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and the coffee shop is closed on Sundays.

“The Table Coffeehouse was great,” Wayne State College student Christina Coffman said. “They had so many options and some were a little out of the box. The chalkboard menu can be overwhelming, but overall I really loved the service and atmosphere.”

Another student, Morgan Schulze, also gave the coffee shop a good review. Melanie Nordstrom even called it a new hang out spot.

Raulston stated the possibility of The Table hosting monthly activities, like trivia nights, Cornhusker viewing parties and worship nights in the future. The coffee shop looks forward to both community members and college students participating in these special events.

Tim Bartz
The Table officially opened its doors Aug. 23
Tim Bartz