New Club Spotlight: FCA

FCA combines exercise, activity & Christ

Evelyn Knox, Reporter

Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) is a new club that was introduced to WSC this year. FCA is a national nonprofit organization that is designed to allow student athletes to come together and unite their passions of religion and athletics. FCA held its first meeting on Feb. 5 at 8:15 p.m. in Rice Auditorium.

FCA is opened to all students on campus, regardless of being a member of a sport team at WSC. FCA Student President Andrea Larson and FCA advisor John Schwarte started the club in hopes of learning more about Christ with fellow students and peers.
“I think there is a need for campus ministry that can be tied to athletics on campus,” Larson said. “It is a good way to connect with others and hopefully build and start a better culture within the sports world as well.”

Regular meetings are scheduled on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 8:15 p.m. and Bible study is held on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 8:00 p.m. All meetings are scheduled to be held in Rice Auditorium and last about an hour.
“We are excited about starting this up on campus, and I welcome anyone to come and join this new club,” Larson said. “The goal of this club is to help students [athletes or not] grow in their faith by uniting faith and athletics.

Each meeting will consist of a speaker and a fun game or icebreaker to help students connect with one another. Every other week there is an in-depth Bible study that helps students take a look at the world of God and as well as help students find and build their own faith.

“We hope to create a close knit community where students can know they have people that they can come to for advice and support,” Larson said.

Additional Information can be found on the club’s Twitter page @WSC_FCA or the private Facebook group “Wayne State College FCA.” For more information contact Andrea Larson or John Schwarte via eCampus emails.