Enjoy it all while it lasts

Justin's Jabbers

Justin Yost, Staff Writer

Well if you have read anything of mine you know I am from Iowa. Don’t worry Husker fans I don’t like the Hawkeyes. Nope, I like the Iowa State Cyclones.

What a time it is to be a Cyclones fan too. Under the coaching of Matt Campbell, Iowa State has turned their football team from one of the worst Division 1 programs, into a team that has won five straight conference games and ranked in the top 20 for the past couple of years.

Iowa State plays Texas this weekend in a game that has huge Big 12 championship implications. The Cyclones and the Longhorns both sit at 5-2 in conference games this season, trying to keep pace with Oklahoma and West Virginia who sit at 6-1 in conference play. Whoever wins the Iowa State vs Texas game has a good chance at making the Big 12 championship game, because Oklahoma and West Virginia play each other the week after.

If Iowa State beats Texas and Oklahoma beat West Virginia, the Big 12 championship game will be contested between the Cyclones and the Sooners.

Iowa State has never won the Big 12 championship in football, but have a great chance to at least have the rare opportunity to play for one. It is an exciting time to be an Iowa State fan. Both football and basketball are being led by young players, and both teams are heading in the right way.

About the Writer
Justin Yost, Opinion Editor

Justin Yost is from Logan, IA and graduated from Logan-Magnolia High School in 2013. Justin is a senior and is majoring in Journalism. Aside from writing...