WSC holds fall career fair for students

Morgan Cardenas, Staff Writer

Career Services is holding a career fair to help students to learn about different career opportunities that are available and areas they may be interested in.

“All students should consider attending if they are planning on getting a job when they graduate or if they’re interested in finding internships,” said Jason Barelman, director of the Career Services office.

The career fair has invited 88 businesses to attend this year. According to Barelman, it is important for students to attend the career fair and to meet with some of the businesses.

“This would be a great way to meet people, start networking with different businesses and finding out what types of opportunities they offer,” Barelman said.

Emmalee Schiebe, a senior who works for the radio station that will be at the career fair, said this event is also beneficial to the businesses that attend. It helps spread the word about who they are and what they are looking for in future employees.

“For the radio station it gives us an opportunity to learn how to do a remote broadcast from a certain location,” Schiebe said. “It’s also a good way that if people aren’t at the fair they can listen and see what potential employers are there.”

“We’ve been doing a version of the career fair probably for 25 years,” said Barelman. “It started as a summer job fair and then we merged with the placement office and started having the career fair that we have now.”

The career fair will be in the Kanter Student Center from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 24.