CRU hosts bingo night/barn dance last week

Rachel Vogt, Staff Writer

Wayne State College’s Campus Crusade for Christ, better known as CRU hosted a Bingo night as well as a barn dance on Wednesday and Thursday of last week.

The Bingo night was a big hit with the WSC community, attracting an estimated 80 students.

Kori Siebert, freshman said the atmosphere was like the definition of college.

“People were trash talking about who would win next,” said Siebert. “The anticipation was real and the food was pretty decent.”

CRU and the Newman center hosted the event, and for prizes they offered a wide variety of goodies including apparel from their organizations, candy, gift cards, and groceries.

“When it comes to bingo, I don’t have the best of luck but I decided to play anyway,” said Siebert. “I actually won on like the third or fourth round of bingo, which was surprising. It was a lot of fun, and I would recommend it to anyone just wanting a chill night, free food, and the possibility to win prizes.”

CRU also hosted a valentine’s themed barn dance. Barn dances are held once a month, and in previous months there have been ugly sweater themes as well as Halloween costume themes.

“CRU dances are always a lot of fun,” said Siebert. “First we come together as a college and praise our awesome God and then we come together and just dance for fun as friends, it’s a really awesome experience.”