Get involved on campus

Justin Yost, Columnist

I really hate hearing “I’m bored,” all the time. We really are fortunate to have a school and community that has something going on almost all the time.

With countless events going on everyone is bound to find one that they enjoy. No one should feel bored all the time.

I know I said I hate it. But I am guiltier of this more than most, but that’s probably because I’m old, lazy and like my couch.

But in all fairness this campus and town does a great job of holding a wide range of activities to get people involved.

It is easy to just dismiss Wayne as a small boring town, because we don’t have as much as somewhere like Omaha or Sioux City.

But coming from someone who comes from a much smaller town in Iowa, it could always be worse. We had no fast food restaurants, and didn’t have a stop light until I was in high school.

The most fun we had was going to the river and messing around. While that is fun, I’m glad Wayne has more to offer, especially during the winter.

Maybe, if you’re a freshman perhaps, you just don’t know where to look to find events. And that is understandable, but never fear- we here at the “Wayne Stater” always have you covered.

In the news section of the paper we have the campus happenings patiently waiting to show you where to go.

There are also events that are posted all over campus. Either all over tables in the library and cafeteria or posted on the boards in every building.

Sometimes you just have to slow down and pay attention.

For those of you who love poetry, come to the poetry slam at the Max tomorrow at 7. You don’t have to perform, but maybe this is the event you needed to find people who love the same thing as you.

Yes this is a plug, but still come, it will be a great time.

WSC has many club and intramural sports to offer to students. I made most of my good friends just by joining the soccer team.

So I guess what I’m getting at here is if you are bored and have nothing to do, it is probably your fault.