WSC in Cooper Strong

Students, faculty and staff show their support for Dr. Andria Cooper

• Wayne State College students, staff and faculty team up to show support for Dr. Andria Cooper, who is currently battling cancer. The WSC community has showed great support, raising more than $1,000 to help her while she is unable to work. On Friday, the WSC community came together to show that the campus is behind Cooper.

Rachel Vogt, Staff Writer

The WSC Criminal Justice Association collaborated with Alpha Phi Sigma and Delta Upsilon (Criminal Justice Honor Societies) for a T-shirt fundraiser to assist Andria Cooper, a Criminal Justice faculty member who was recently diagnosed with cancer.

“I think it went well,” said Hanna Knox, Delta Upsilon president. “I’m grateful for the people who got T-shirts in support of Dr. Cooper. She is such an inspiration to us and we are all rooting for her.”

Jason Karsky, Wayne State’s Criminal Justice Association adviser, said that to date more than $1,000 has been raised to help Cooper while she undergoes treatment and is unable work.

All the proceeds generated from the T-shirt fundraiser went directly to Cooper and her family.

“I have communicated with Dr. Cooper throughout her illness,” Karsky said. “She is overwhelmed by the love and support from friends, family, coworkers, and family members.”

The Criminal Justice Department, as well as the rest of the students and faculty here at Wayne State College, has and will continue to support Cooper during her tough battle, Karsky said.