Graduation applications due soon

Hunter Kiburz, Staff Writer

WSC’s Records and Registration office is introducing a new eForm for students to submit their graduation applications. The application is due by Oct. 15 for all students who are planning to graduate this May.

“We are starting a new graduation application eForm online, so we wanted to make sure we tell everyone about this,” said Nicole Listerfelt, Records and Registration Office. “We are stopping the paper copy form of the graduation application, so if someone is graduating in the spring of 2018, it will be available on their Wildcats Online Oct. 1 through the 15, and it’s going to be due the 15.”

Students can go to eCampus to open the application. There, they can also check to see if they have met the graduation requirements and have copmleted more than 80 credit hours.

“After the student completes the application, an automatic response will be sent to the adviser,” Registrar Karla Hix said. “Advisers will answer a few questions to let us know if this student is ready to graduate. We will also find out if there is any transfer credit that still needs to be evaluated.”

Students who are planning to graduate in May, but need to finish a course or internship in the summer, will need to wait to apply for summer graduation. These summer graduates will still have the opportunity to walk in the May ceremony. Summer 2018 applications are due in January, and fall 2018 applications are due in February.

“Seniors have to fill out these applications a semester prior, and that just lets us know they’re getting ready to graduate,” said Listerfelt. “So we look at their degree and make sure they have all their classes in.”

It is also hard to review applications that are turned in late, so it is imperative students turn everything in on time.