SEEKing God with FOCUS trip

Megan Seamann, Staff Writer

The Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS) missionaries hope to bring 75 to 100 Wayne State College and Northeast students to Texas during winter break.

Every other year FOCUS holds a national conference called SEEK. This year the conference will be held in San Antonio, Texas, Jan 3 to 7, 2017.

“I am super excited to work at SEEK for the first time as a missionary,” FOCUS missionary Carol Marceau said. “My favorite band is playing there this year, The Oh Hellos, and I am also excited to just be there while students get to encounter Christ and each other.”

Marceau said there will be a SEEK information tonight at 9 p.m. in the Elkhorn room of the Kanter Student Center.

“Anyone is welcome to attend the info night whether you are signed up, have never heard of SEEK, or are intrigued by spending a week in San Antonio over break,” Marceau said.
There will be a raffle on Wednesday to win either $100 off registration or $100 off the bus cost.

The last SEEK conference was held in Nashville, Tenn. WSC senior Jaicee Heng was among the group of students who attended SEEK 2015. She said many students who attended the conference that had a life-changing experience, herself included.

“I was set on fire and wanted to share it. I felt something I’ve never felt before,” Heng said.

Heng said it was super cool to see 10,000 people like her striving to be better people in multiple ways.

If interested in attending SEEK 2017, Marceau said to contact one of the FOCUS missionaries, or more information can be found at www.SEEK2017.com.