Everybody let loose

Clare Ferguson, Staff Writer

Students gathered in the lower cafeteria of the Kanter Student Center to dance in celebration for homecoming.
“We thought it was going to be a great day,” Sarah Gunion, Wayne State College’s student activities coordinator, said. “But when we placed a tent up the wind knocked it down.”
The dance was originally planned to take place in the Gardner parking lot at 9 p.m., but was moved into the Student Center when weather conditions were viewed as unfavorable for the event to take place outside. The dance started off with the Wayne State Dance Team, the Aristocats, performing prepared dances for the attendees. Due to the change in location the marching band, which was originally scheduled to play before the dance, was canceled.
“We’re just going to have a party, rock out and get super, super excited for homecoming,” Gunion said.
The dance featured a table where attendees could make their own glow crafts including bracelets, necklaces and glasses. Drinks and snacks were also served.
“I’m excited that I’m here, and I’m excited to represent Love Your Melon,” Brett Quick, Wayne State College homecoming royalty, said.
After the dancing team’s performance, the elected royalty for Homecoming gave a brief introduction about themselves including their major and the group they represented.
“It’s just a week of high energy and school spirit,” Gunion said. “We hope people will come out and have fun with us during Homecoming week.