The sex panel

Megan Seamann, Staff Writer

FOCUS will present the ‘Truth about the Sexes’ in a panel Thursday.

The panel will take place at 8 p.m. in the Bluestem and Goldenrod rooms in the Student Center. Last year’s event brought a crowd of about 40 students and lasted two hours.

“The purpose of this event is to start a conversation,” FOCUS missionary Liz Connealy said. “Something we have noticed is that in today’s culture men and women have stopped trying to understand each other.”

The panel will be split between males and females. The female FOCUS missionaries will be talking with the male students while the male FOCUS missionaries will be talking with the female students.

“I’m excited to get an insight into how the male mind works,” sophomore Amber Armatys said. “I think it is important to understand the differences between the sexes so that we can help each other out.”

Last year’s conversation was about dating, what women find attractive in men, and why women do the things they do. Connealy said this year they will be covering similar topics once again, but are willing to answer any question brought up.

The missionaries have communicated about specific topics they want one another to share with the students, but they are also encouraging students to bring their own list of questions.

“We have a lifetime of knowledge and we are here to share it,” Connealy said.

Although FOCUS missionaries are present on 125 campuses nationwide, the ‘Truth about the Sexes’ is a Wayne State specific event.

“I think it would be cool if it was a national event,” Connealy said.