SAB plans biannual concert

Students vote for the artist that will be in Wayne next semester

Adrian Eggers, Staff Writer

Voting has begun for the spring concert at Wayne State College. The spring concert, which is held every two years, will be in April in Rice Auditorium.

The concert is sponsored by the Student Activity Board (SAB). The artists have been selected and are now up for voting to the students on campus.

“So far, we have produced a list of twenty artists that people can vote on,” President of SAB, Alex Beeson said. “We are still counting those votes down to a list of ten, then down to a list of the top five, then it will go to an online poll for the students to vote on.”

The last concert, Dustin Lynch in the spring of 2015, was a country music artist.

“We made a rule that no country artists will be chosen for the concert. It’s been the trend and that is something that we are wanting to break,” Beeson said.

Artists up for voting range from 30H!3 to Hoodie Allen and Juicy J to T-Pain.

“It looks like we are leaning towards a hip hop concert this spring and we used a suggestion box for our SAB members and for the general public to put names in for the concert,” Beeson said.

“We will be setting a date for the concert at our next meeting, but it definitely will be in April,” Beeson said.

SAB meets every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the Bluestem Room in the Kanter Student Center. All meetings are open to the public.