WSC Wrestling looks for new team members

+++The+WSC+Wrestling+team+after+winning+the+Great+Plains+Championship+last+season.+The+wrestling+team+is+currently+searching+for+any+players+or+helpers+for+this+upcoming+season.+Contact+Coach+Gregory+Vanderweil+for+any+further+information.

Gregory Vanderweil

The WSC Wrestling team after winning the Great Plains Championship last season. The wrestling team is currently searching for any players or helpers for this upcoming season. Contact Coach Gregory Vanderweil for any further information.

Clare Ferguson, Staff Writer

Fresh faces are being welcomed to join the Wayne State wrestling team and take on the experience of throwing down on the mat in representation of Wayne State College.

“All interested guys and anyone wanting to assist, managers, stats, video, Facebook, website, etc., are encouraged to attend this meeting,” Coach Gregory Vanderweil said.

This meeting is open to all Wayne State College students interested in joining the wrestling team.

The meeting will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 4:15 p.m. in Benthack Hall, room 103. Vanderweil wants any students interested in wrestling to come to the team meeting.

“The wrestlers are coming off a Great Plains Championship last season,” Vanderweil said. “With all eight national qualifiers returning along with all other 2016 team members and a very strong freshman class of outstanding wrestlers, the Wildcat wrestlers look to be bigger and better for the 2016 to 2017 season.”

Vanderweil wants to see the wrestling team strive this year, and is looking for new team members and assistants to help out with this season’s goals. Although the first wrestling meet is months away, Vanderweil encourages the student athletes to be active and ready for the new season, as he plans out their schedules, workouts and conditioning in the coming weeks. For any who cannot make the meeting, Vanderweil would appreciate if you could contact him during his office hours.

“We’re still pre-season, really, we’re still getting organized.” Vanderweil said. “Gonna meet with the team, and any other folks on Wednesday, and start practice on Oct. 19, right after fall break.”