Cardinal Key Supports JDRF

Micheal Menish, Staff Writer

The ladies of the Cardinal Key club have the keys in the ignition.

The Cardinal Key is a national honor society for female upperclassmen who have a minimum GPA of 3.5, are leaders in the college and community and identified as potential leaders in the future.

“Cardinal Key aims to honor these women and to inspire leadership in others. The purposes of Cardinal Key are to recognize achievement in scholarship and extracurricular activities; to advance personal growth, patriotism and service; and to develop worthy character by application of the Cardinal Virtues of Living: faith, trust, fortitude and wisdom,” club president Stacy Grabowski said.

The club is active in many areas on campus and in Wayne. It helps with homecoming coronation, roadside cleanup and bake sales.

During Anti-Bully Week, members clip clothespins to students with inspiring messages to raise awareness, and the clips are then passed from student to student.

The Cardinal Key’s biggest activity is raising money for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).

“We will be selling JDRF paper shoes outside the upper cafeteria for $1 from April 18 through the 20, with all proceeds going to JDRF and hanging the shoes up in the upper cafeteria window,” Grabowski said.

The club will also host a sand volleyball tournament on Saturday to raise funds for JDRF.