New Student Senate President, Vice President

Laura Anderson, Staff Writer

Last week, Wayne State students elected Nolan Janzen and Nathan Schreiter as next year’s Student Senate President and Vice President by just eleven votes.

Beginning in April, the pair will start taking over the reigns from the current administration.

These two have plenty in common. They are both RA’s, double majors and are well-known for their hair.

Janzen, a sophomore double majoring in communications and criminal justice, has been involved in Student Senate for the past two years.

“I feel prepared to learn from others and convey their desires to the right people to help make their aspirations for this college a reality,” Janzen said. “I understand that my position is designated to serve the students, and for their sake I will do all I can to help this campus grow for the better.”

He credits his communication courses for his negotiation skills and hopes that he can reasonably accomplish goals around campus.

Schreiter, a sophomore double majoring in business marketing and management, is a two-year veteran of Student Senate as well.

The vice-president is in charge of funds for the clubs and organizations around campus. He says that his major is helpful because it involves finances and will help him to effectively run the budgets and allocate funds.

Student Senate is in charge of approving new clubs and organizations on campus.

“I believe Student Senate is important because it gives students the chance to have a voice,” Schreiter said.

Anyone can attend Senate meetings that are held twice a month on Sundays. They meet at 7 p.m. in the Frey Conference Suite in the Student Center