Categories:

Man on the Street: Favorite Halloween Movie Edition

With the fall season and Halloween fast approaching, Taylor Sloger takes to the campus sidewalks asking students about their favorite Halloween movies.  

Tavin Price

Freshman Tavin Price gave his opinion on his favorite Halloween movie. I’ll have to say, Trick or Treat, I think it’s the quintessential Halloween movie.” Price said, “It consists of a bunch of little vignettes of different people doing various little things on the same Halloween night. It covers all the classics: you have a guy who murdered someone in his backyard, you have vampires, you have werewolves. It’s overall just a great movie and Sam is one of my favorite horror movie icons. 

Tavin Price (Taylor Sloger)
Jacob McCauley

“Either ‘The Lost Boys’ or ‘Night of the Comet’,” sophomore Jacob McCauley said. “‘The Lost Boys’ because it’s rad, and ‘Night of the Comet’ because it has one of the best soundtracks of any movie, it’s so fun!”  

McCauley shared his other favorite Halloween movies. “‘Texas Chainsaw’ is also always good. The 80’s horror movies are just the best, and to really get into the Halloween spirit, you must watch it at least one a year,” McCauley said. 

Jacob McCauley (Taylor Sloger)
Tori Olguin

“My favorite Halloween movie is Beetlejuice because it gets me into the Halloween spirit,sophomore Victoria Olguin said.Beetlejuice has always been a family favorite. My cousins and I made it a tradition to watch it together every Halloween. I also love all the actors in the film plus the soundtrack and costuming.” 

Tori Olguin (Taylor Sloger)
Damien Gligorevic

Junior Damien Gligorevic shares his all-time favorite Halloween movie. “My favorite Halloween movie is A Cabin in the Woods,” Gligorevic said. “’A Cabin in the Woods is just like a funny horror movie that plays on a lot of the scary tropes and a lot of the horror movie tropes while also being somewhat decently written and actually funny compared to it being an actual scary movie. I really enjoyed it and thought it was cool and recommend. I think it’s a great movie to watch for Halloween.” 

Damien Gligorevic (Taylor Sloger)
View Story Comments
Donate to The Wayne Stater
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayne State College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.