• May 7Welcome to TheWayneStater.com

Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat

Barbara Lovercheck, Guest Writer

Wayne State Homecoming – My husband and I are both alumni, and we enjoy coming back to Wayne State for homecoming. We see the campus
and what changes have been made.

The Carhart Math and Science building is where I spent a lot of my time, and I was excited to walk through the renovated labs and classrooms when we were touring campus. I even saw a few familiar faces!

One of the biggest changes to the campus is the closing of the street
that runs between the library and Brandenburg. I like the new plaza and I think that it really adds to the safety of the middle of campus.

I have also enjoyed visiting the dorms. I know that many of the dorms
have seen updates, but Berry Hall hasn’t changed much! Since I met my husband while working in the cafeteria, it’s also fun to go back and
see all the updates to the dining space. The entire Kanter Student Center is amazing.

We also enjoy coming back for volleyball and football games. Since
our son and his girlfriend both were in the marching band, we laugh that we came to watch the band, and happened to see some football while we were there.

In reality, though, it’s nice to be part of the Wayne State extended family. Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat!