• May 7Welcome to TheWayneStater.com

Wayne’s Got Talent helps students show off skills

Hannah Leddy played and sang ‘Wonderwall’ and ‘Skinny Love’ for the talent show. She ended up tieing for third place with Kelly Robinson and Dulce Torres. Henry Ventura placed second and Bennett Lamplot placed first.

Liz Wallace

Liz Wallace

Julia Baxter, Staff Writer

Wayne showcased the multitude of skills held within it on Wednesday with a talent show.

Wayne’s Got Talent was held in Ramsey Theater and showcased acts from students Dulce Torres, Jacob Wrath, Emily Popelka, Bennett Lamplot, Caleb Green, Micah Schut, Vanessa Von Seggern, Katie Peterson, Henry Ventura, Hannah Leddy, Lizzy Tranmer, Kelley Robinson and a surprise performance from the coMCs, Victoria McNamara and Jonathan Good.

“I volunteered to be MC because I did not want to perform after being in ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.’ I thought that it might just be easier to be funny and call it good,” McNamara said.

The night was filled with a wide variety of performers including a tuba player and a comedian, but most of the performances consisted of vocal talents.

“Oh my gosh, the show was incredible,” McNamara said. “I was literally blown away by everybody that was out there. I mean, they were all incredible. It was very shocking.”

Many of the performers were known to have been in choir or other groups that showed off their abilities, while some performers came as a surprise to the audience. The talent show really gave students the opportunity to get out there.

Residence Hall Association was behind the activity, as it is in charge of many group projects that try to get students to socialize and showcase their abilities.

“RHA put this on. They put on the lip sync battle last fall, and glow-in-the-dark capture the flag is coming up,” McNamara said. “I think that this is a great program, and I am proud to be a part of it.”

RHA came up with the idea recently and was able to execute it with in a minimal amount of time.

“It was very last minute; they planned it like two or three weeks ago. They put a lot of work in in a very short amount of time.”

Overall this event was a great success for all involved and RHA was happy with the outcome of the show.