Spring to Winter in 24-hour stretch

Julia Baxter, Staff Writer

The weather in Nebraska has been making the students of Wayne State College dizzy, as it’s been spinning from saltgate to blue skies and back again.

“I honestly think that Mother Nature got challenged to fit all four seasons in one week and won,” said freshman Samantha Burgi.

Burgi wasn’t the only disgruntled student, as the situation in Wayne has made it onto Twitter once again.

“Only in Nebraska would we have a fire warning two days before we get our snow warning,” junior Emmalee Scheibe tweeted.

The inhabitants of Nebraska aren’t exactly new to Mother Nature’s mood swings, as the weather is temperamental all year long.

“It’s Nebraska being Nebraska. I’m wearing shorts one day and the next I have three layers on walking through a blizzard,” freshman Brittaney O’Neal said.

However, for those students who still aren’t used to the climate changes, the city of Wayne can be difficult to understand.

“I think that it’s crazy how Nebraska has bipolar weather. We can never predict what the weather is going to be like the next day and it’s frustrating,” freshman Andrea Lira said.

Anyone who spends time in Nebraska in the winter can agree that planning your week out is difficult when you don’t know if it’ll be sunny, snowy or raining cats and dogs.

“I hate the weather changes because then I have to change what I wear all of the time,” freshman Maddie Kment said.

While the temperature changes in Wayne can leave residents displeased, when it comes down to it, this is a unique experience for all of those involved.