Mr. WSC competition takes center stage

Photo By Justin Yost

BRAXTON DREHER a freshman representing Drama club came away with the win after three rounds against two other opponents in the Mr. WSC competition in Ramsey Theatre last night.

Joe Lovercheck, Staff Writer

On Tuesday night, the Mr. WSC pageant took place. Braxton Dreher won while Austyn Houser took home runner-up.

The emcee for the night was comedian, Nick Vatterott. Vatterott has been featured on Conan, Jimmy Fallon and Comedy Central.

Starting off the night was the presentation of the candidates: Austyn Houser, Braxton Dreher and Landon Norquest. Houser is a junior majoring in conservation biology. Dreher is a freshman, majoring in elementary education with a minor in special education. Norquest is a sophomore math education major with a minor in Theatre.

After the introduction, the event moved onto the evening wear portion of the competition. During this part, the contestants showed what you might find them wearing in the evening. Dreher came out in a bathrobe watching Netflix in bed.

The next event was Throwback Tuesday, with Gavin Friedrich. Friedrich was last year’s winner. He entertained us with a dance number to some recent pop songs. Friedrich showed us why he was last year’s winner, he is willing to put himself out there in the name of entertainment.

Next was the theme wear part of the competition and all three of the competitors had a Wildcat theme. One contestant was a WSC cheerleader, another was an old version of Willy Wildcat and the last one showed how one does not simply become a Wildcat, one is born a Wildcat.

The second round in the competition was imitating a teacher portion, with one imitation being of Dr. Taber and another imitating Dr. Bertolas. One of the contestants chose to withdraw from this competition out of respect for WSC faculty.

The third round of the night was the famous talent competition. Norquest wooed the crowd with his duet. Dreher showed of his interpretive dancing skills while Houser came on stage and passed a Super Mario World level.

At last we came to the question part of the night. During the question portion, everything was contemplated, from what humans would taste like to chickens to what you would do if you won one million dollars.