• May 7Welcome to TheWayneStater.com

NATS updates

Nate Neary, Staff Writer

Network and Technology Services is humming along, with projects just finished or on the verge of being completed.

“We just finished the Outlook migration, replacing four network devices at the core of the campus infrastructure,” said John Dunning, WSC’s chief of information officer said. “Two of these devices are in the library and two are up here (NATS building.) Every internet connection passes through these devices, which connects all of campus.”

NATS is also close to upgrading all the dashboards on WildcatsOnline to be mobile friendly.

Dunning has been at WSC for 27 years. He started as a student in 1990, getting his BA in Computer Science then earning his MS.E in DATA processing. He began working at NATS as an undergraduate and worked his way up the ranks through his nearly three-decade long career.

Dunning is also a member of the Budget Task Force.

“I’m serving in an ex officio role; I’m there as a resource,” Dunning said. “We meet every Friday from 2-5 (weather permitting) and listen to budget strategy from different departments. A lot of departments use national data from their respective national associations.”

Dunning said student’s interests are being taken very seriously amid concerns about the effect of cuts to his department on student services.

“It’s a really well-done and thoughtful process,” Dunning said.