Coming together for Chili

Zachery Halsey

Students and faculty gather for the second annual Chili Cook off hosted by the Association for Computing Machinery and Upsilon Pi Epsilon.

Emmalee Scheibe, Staff Writer

The second annual Chili Cook Off took place last Thursday in Gardner Auditorium. It was put on by the Association for Computing Machinery, the computing club and Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the honorary computing club, to help raise funds for their organizations.

“We travel to IT companies in Omaha and Lincoln for field trips and need to raise money for travel expenses,” Professor Lori Nicholson said. “We also use the money to help with expenses incurred while helping local non-profits with technology issues, updates or maintenance.

The cook off had four different types of chili this year.

“My favorite was the winning chili that was submitted by two students, Cameron Bruce and Andrew Can Donselaar,” Nicholson said.

The groups are still figuring out what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to their chili cook off.

“This is the second annual chili feed so we have learned what to do and what not to do each year,” Nicholson said. “Next year, we are going to open it up to more contestants so if anyone is interested in joining the fun, they can email me at [email protected].”