Senior Art Exhibit part II

Jordyn Knobbe, Staff Writer

The Nordstrand Art Gallery will be hosting the second round of seniors and their exhibits this semester. The second exhibitors are Gabe Flanagan and Megan Otto. The exhibit will be opening today at 4:30 p.m.

“I believe our styles complement each other because my style is abstracted more expressive and Megan’s is rooted in realism,” Flanagan said.

As the date approaches for the exhibit, so does the anticipation to finally show off their work.

“I’m excited for the show. I’m also anxious and relieved,” Flanagan said.

“I’m excited for the second senior exhibit, because with having them split up, it allows the seniors to show more work which they’ve created. The first show was great so the second one should be just as good,” junior Lily Roberts said.

Flanagan was very thankful to have the professors he did at Wayne State College.

“They have helped me. I came to the art program with no formal training what so ever. Now I am about to open a Senior Exhibit,” Flanagan said.

After graduation Flanagan plans to stick around Wayne for a while to save up money for grad school. He also has hopes of opening his own studio.

Senior Art Exhibit No. 2 will be in Nordstrand from today until Dec. 16. The Nordstrand Art Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the second floor of the Peterson Fine Arts Building.