This is Halloween

Emmalee Scheibe, Staff Writer

The Wayne State College Drama Club will be hosting the annual haunted trail Thursday through Monday, from 9 p.m. until midnight each night.

It will be located on the Nature Trail that runs behind the football, baseball and soccer fields.

President of Drama Club, Amanda Hartman, and Vice President, Victoria McNamara, are both in charge of the event.

“My favorite part, as weird as it sounds, is being out there on the cold nights bonding with friends,” McNamara said.

The haunted trail will cost students $5 and the club hopes to beat the amount of money raised last year. Tour guides are provided and groups up to eight can go at a time.

“This year I will be a tour guide and I am very excited about that,” senior and historian of Drama Club Hope Pedersen said. “I love all the stories that come from the haunted trail. Hearing students talk about how scared they got is always fun.”

Members of the club who participate usually take two weeks to prepare. There are 12 to 20 actors throughout the trail.

“I’m most excited for the creation of it all and when everyone gets together and the atmosphere and scares start forming,” Hartman said.

There will be a concession stand with hot chocolate and baked goods available for purchase. This year, students who would like to go through the haunted trail need to meet at the beginning of the Nature Trail where tickets will be for sale.

“I encourage everyone to come out, it’s always a fun time,” McNamara said.